Admiral Insurance - MuttleyMcLad
My insurance is due for renewal next monday, and i've had more quotes than i can remember! The best quote was from admiral online, they quoted me £668 fully comp, but since i have no ncb, they are willing to offer me a 10 month bonus accelerator, where they insure for 10 months, If i stay claim free for that ammount of time then, they will offer me a renewal as if i have had insurance for 1 year and hence 1 years ncb; seems good on the face of it. ive been driving for nearly 5 years, but unfortunally ive had 2 accidents and got 3 points for speeding in the last 3 years. (that was in my hot hatch days, but ive gorwn up since then!). Would anybody reccomend Admiral or have any comments on them.

Thanks in advance

Rich
Admiral Insurance - Imagos
Try 'More Than' for a quote, link on this site somewhere or try this www.morethan.com/bin/bladerunner?REQUNIQ=110911287...0

cheapest i could find!
Admiral Insurance - MuttleyMcLad
Thanks i will try it out, Its good to see other 'Back Roomers' are up at this time!! lol

Rich
Admiral Insurance - Canon Fodder

Rich,

don't bother with More Than - they only insure people with 3 years or more NCB.

I'm with Admiral, on their bonus accelerator scheme, and they've been fine, and are a lot cheaper than everyone else for me.

Like you've I've been driving ages but circumstances have meant that i've had no NCB.

One thing to remember is that of course you're only paying for 10 months insurance, so their quotes should be 15% cheaper than a full years policy.

CF.
Admiral Insurance - dylan
I'm with admiral. Signed up a couple of years ago after a good quote, expecting the renewal (after a year) to be high. But I was pleasantly surprised that the renewal was low too. Also had to upgrade to business during the first year - fee was minimal, and it was no hassle.

Only thing I don't like about them is that they store your credit card number and automatically take the money for the renewal unless you tell them not too. Don't like that approach. I can see it leading to problems when I change to another insurer.
Admiral Insurance - Greg R
Yes, Admiral and Elephant both have this bonus accelerator scheme. Both companies are the same, so it is probably worth getting a quote from both of them.

The accelerator policy does work. I have had it for two years, and does provide you with a discount.

However, what is less clear is which insurers accept the 10 month NCD as a full 12 month policy. Does anyone have a list of this. Of course, elephant and admiral accept these, but what other insurers will accept it from me?

I do not like the fact that they keep your credit card details. They did send me a letter telling me it is automatic, but what if I was on holiday. This should really be the case of taking the money from the same credit card if you phone them and authorise them to do so.

The other problem is that if you go beyond your credit limit and are on holiday, imagine the headaches this would cause.
Admiral Insurance - Wee Willie Winkie
You'll find that somewhere in the credit card payment section there will be a sentence advising the payment is on a 'continuous authority' basis. This means they can automatically debit your account and there is nothing your credit card company can do, unless you have specifically told the insurance company (pref in writing), not to debit.

Anyway, I always found Direct Line to be cheap in my younger, more irresponsible days....

DB
Admiral Insurance - Stuartli
Admiral is a broker rather than an insurance company, so you won't know initially who your insurance will be provided by.

I've been with Direct Line for nearly two years after spells with Touchline (now an insurance broker), Churchill, DealDirect and Axa among others.

Direct Line came up with the cheapest quote when I first switched to them after previously being one of the most expensive; it was for £193 fully comp for my VW Bora.

To my surprise the renewal premium dropped to £176, which couldn't be beaten by any others I checked out online. First time I've ever had a reduction although I've had it remain unaltered on several occasions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Admiral Insurance - Stuartli
PS

Admiral's business model details:

www.admiral.com/about_admiral/about_admiral.phtml
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Admiral Insurance - DavidHM
I'm 26, clean licence for 9 years, no claims ever, but only one year's NCD so far earned.

I'm with Elephant, who are Admiral in a silly costume. If you're in London, 'upmarket Admiral' - Bell Direct - are likely to be very cheap indeed though.

I chose not to go for the bonus accelerator because the average cost per month is higher and there's no guarantee that the renewal premium is going to be more competitive, or that the most competitive company will recognise the 10 month bonus. As such, you could find yourself a year behind in the 'accruing NCB' stakes.

Also, I would be very surprised if Admiral's monthly premium (as opposed to paid up front) is competitive - Elephant wanted something like £60 a month for a £534 premium, making the monthly premium reasonable whereas the annual one was exceptionally competitive. Just about any credit card is cheaper than that.