What Car Valuations - doctorchris
Can anyone explain why these valuations for trade-in are always so hopelessly optimistic? The values for dealer and private sales are usually pretty accurate so I cannot understand this discrepancy.
It goes like this. Look up the trade-in estimate, say £8000, go along to the dealer and he won't budge above about £5000. Leave dealer dissatisfied and planning to sell privately.
What Car Valuations - VTiredeyes
true oh so true.
car market is sooooo slooow at the moment.
subaru impreza sti. on forecourt at £21K they want to give you £15K for it !
brand new megane sport tourer 1.9dci 120 flame red, 17" alloys, xenons, full leather, 18K worth of car 3K miles dealer wants to give £10.5K.
What Car Valuations - GreatestDancer
i'll give you £10.6k for that megane
What Car Valuations - Pugugly {P}
Maybe because a lot of SWMBOs read What Car so that chaps can build in a "spouse's margain" when discussing a swap. Never get past my SWMBO though who has a telepathic link to Glass' guide.
What Car Valuations - Mrs PU {P}
As I have to this thread.....
Beans Means Cash.
Just yesterday, took my Terrano down to trade in against a Panda 4x4. What Car trade-in valuation £8400, offered £6250 which was surprisingly above my expectation(£5000).
Salesman quoted £8999 for the Panda and was surprised when I pointed out that his company's website offers the same car for £8352.
Must be an error sir, we would lose £250 at that price, but agreed to stick to it. Is he being honest with me?
Check the website out today, if they are switched on and it was a genuine error then they will have updated it.
Not only have I checked it, price still the same, but have taken a copy for future reference.
Still I think I have a good deal, price to change £2600 (includes £500 for air con) and will go ahead with it.
Local Fiat dealer wanted £9.1k !
That is £95 short of full retail price. Fiat are providing £200 model support so that price is enhancing th edealers profit by £105.
What Car Valuations - Stuartli
Over the years I have met/known many dozens of car salesmen (and occasional saleswoman).

Wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them and some are among the nicest people I know...:-)

What is so frustrating for most buyers is that they never, ever get to know if they got the very best deal possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
What Car Valuations - mountainkat
Don't really get the "buy new" thing these days - instantly lose 15-20%. Done it myself in the past but certainly won't again, "Nearly New" for me every day