Insurance for 'weekend' car - Aprilia
We have a few cars in the family, including my 'classic' Mercedes which I'm thinking of selling. The Mercedes is on a 'classic car' policy which the insurance company tells me does not accrue any no-claims bonus.

We are thinking of replacing the Merc with a reasonably modern sports car for use at the weekend - could be a Jap import like a Skyline, or even something like a Ford Puma - totally undecided as yet.

Anyway - does anyone know how I might be able to insure this additional car for sensible money? Obviously no classic car policy will cover it. I have full NCB on my other car (as wife does on hers) and I never made a claim on the classic car policy. Come to think of it, never claimed anything from anyone for a long time.
Insurance for 'weekend' car - Altea Ego
www.norwichunion.com/pay-as-you-drive/index.htm
www.norwichunion.com/pay-as-you-drive/index.htm

Only running a trial at present.
Insurance for 'weekend' car - teabelly
Some classic car policies do cover modern classics. My lancia is with aon for £330 a year and that is a 1990 car. Go via owners clubs as there are usually deals to be had. I am sure there is someone on either gtr.co.uk or the skylineowners.com fora that has theirs on a classic policy. Both sites also recommend some company called A-plan who might do you a good deal.

Go on, go on, get a skyline :-) It's only cost me just over £150 to insure with a normal policy from LV this year....I think there were on the Xmas cheer when they sent me that renewal :-) I know axa did let you have two cars on the same policy so you can share the bonus. They don't touch modified cars though.
teabelly
£150 a year on a Skyline !? That's quite some deal.
Insurance for 'weekend' car - teabelly
I was so stunned I paid in full immediately over the phone! It must be because I have 8 years ncd and am now over the grand old age of 30.
teabelly