Worst day for accidents? - AdrianM
On the Johnny Walker show tonight they said that the insurance co's claim that the next couple of days are worst for rta's. Funnily enough it was this time last year (17th) that I was pranged up the derriere (minor damage thankfully). So everyone take care and make sure we're still around to enjoy Christmas.
Worst day for accidents? - No Do$h
Lloyds TSB insurance services showed a 30% increase in claims over the average on 15th December 2003. So if you are still here and intact today, you made it!
Worst day for accidents? - BrianW
Yesterday the roads were slippier than I've seen them for a long time: just enough rain to lubricate the oil and dust but not enough to wash it off.
No better today.
Worst day for accidents? - volvoman
Echo that - it's a stressful time for all of us and I'm sure that shows on the roads. Very nearly got involved as a 3rd party in a stupid road rage incident yesterday. Stay cool and stay safe everyone.
Worst day for accidents? - AR-CoolC
Now you say that, it got me thinking, many years ago (1990) my mum had a really bad accident on the M69, it was on the 15th of December (no idea why I remember the date), car span, flipped and rolled down the embankment, the car landed on a farmers fence, one of the posts came through the car floor and through my mum's left leg, then rolled onto its roof, sinking in soft mud. Very nasty, the fire brigade had to write a report on the incident and used it later in training (apparently) as they used so many techniques to remove her from the car.
She even kept the piece of fence.
Worst day for accidents? - Orson {P}
South Yorks started their Xmas crackdown a couple of days ago, and are actively targetting people the morning after. Any excuse for a stop, and you get a B test.

O
Worst day for accidents? - PhilDews
must say that yesterday was a nightmare - accident on the M62 travelling into work, meant I was 15minutes late dropping my car in for a service, an accident closing a road at lunchtime when I picked my car up from the garage, and an accident on the M1 on the way home - I think that proves the stats are right!!

On the drink-drive side of things, the Police were out in Wilsmlow on Monday afternoon with a 'drink-drive checkpoint', a team of riders etc.. pulling anyone they saw fit, from what I could see. I did think I might have had trouble with my illegible rear numberplate, but no problems in the end.