K&N filters in Halfords - Sprice
Was in my local Halfords the other day, first time in a while, and they had a whole section of the stgore devoted to 'modding' your car. There were Piper-cross parts, K&N etc. Would have saved me mail ordering the K&N induction kit I bought last year which I'm pleased with, but now needs a clean. Thankfully, Halfords now sell the cleaning kit!
K&N filters in Halfords - SjB {P}
> Would have saved me mail ordering the K&N induction kit I bought last year which I'm pleased with, but now needs a clean.

I ran a K&N filter on my much modded MG Metro for eight years back in the eighties and early nineties, and never cleaned it. No need. The filtration surface area of a K&N filter is huge compared to that of a paper filter with the same physical dimensions, and the inside face remained as pink and clean as the day it was new.

Given that it is very easy to over oil K&N (and equivalent) filters, I would think long and hard before touching it and doing more harm than good. Long service life is one of the benefits of this type of filter.

Do what you will, but my 2p!