Curing squeaky interior trim - Dan J
Quick one for you all. My otherwise perfect Mazda6 has an incredibly annoying plastic on plastic/rubber squeak coming from where a load of trim meets near the rear nearside door. I know where it is coming from but have yet to sort it. It needs some kind of inoffensive lubricant to sort it. I did try Vaseline but as expected it dried out very quickly. My dad suggested wiping olive oil on the offending parts but I'm not sure I'm happy with that suggestion.

When my Vectra had a similar issue the dealer used some white, non drying paraffin base cream which was excellent. Sadly, as far as that point is concerned, I don't live near them any more. Anyone got any suggestions as to either what would be good to try or where I could get the above from?

P.s. Trim is not in contact with seats and anything I do use would sit behind plastic trim so no problem if it's "oily" etc...

Cheers, Dan
Curing squeaky interior trim - volvoman
Olive oil??? with plenty of garlic no doubt :)

Not sure if I read it somewhere here (the old trade secrets thread possibly) but what about silicon spray?
Curing squeaky interior trim - SjB {P}
A few weeks ago, my V70 developed a temperature dependent squeak that I traced to the plastic fusebox cover that fits over the entire driver's end of the dashboard (only visible with door open). The squeak only happened when ambient temperature was a few degrees above freezing, and stopped when the car warmed through, but was annoying.

I tried silicon spray, which initially appeared to work, but the squeak then came back. The solution, believe it or not, was a small slip of paper, out of sight, at the offending pressure point.

Bliss.
The quiet and totally squeak-free environment has returned.
Am happy to try something else though suggested here.
Curing squeaky interior trim - kenl
If you can easily get to the offending areas that are rubbing how about a piece of felt tape such as Velcro tape. If you put a piece of the soft stuff (not the hooks side) on one piece it shouldn't squeak when it rubs against it's mate.

Try haberdashery (sp?) deparments or even the likes of B&Q to find it.
Curing squeaky interior trim - Victorbox
Was the white cream in fact white grease like this? www.mdcauto.co.uk/getProducts.php?id=97
Curing squeaky interior trim - helicopter
Try a little spray of WD40.
Curing squeaky interior trim - P 2501
Back to black (simoniz) has worked well for me.
Curing squeaky interior trim - Dwight Van Driver
Piece of bluetak to keep trim and bodywork apart and stop rubbing.

DVD
Curing squeaky interior trim - Aprilia
Silicone spray or silicone grease, depending on the gap etc.