Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - John Gray
If I turn on the ignition BEFORE fastening my seatbelt, I get a series of six annoying beeps. The dealer says this is a safety feature and cannot be disabled. Does anyone know better?

OK, I KNOW I could get rid of it by fastening the seat belt first. But I prefer to do things the other way about...

Thanks!
Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - doctorchris
Don't know how to turn it off but our Jazz, registered April 2003, has never made this noise.
Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - Jane
My Jan 04 Jazz doesn't make any noise either, just a little red man on the dashboard display that turns off when my seatbelt is fastened.

--
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished
Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - John Gray
I think mine is Sep04 -- presumably the infuriating beep is an "improvement" additional to the "little red man", since earlier versions.
Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - Bill Payer
IIRC this an an NCAP thing - there's one manufacturer who refuses to have this beep so their cars can't score the maximum for occupant protection.
Honda Jazz: can seatbelt beep be turned - SjB {P}
Buy a Volvo! ;-)

I also believe that the audible chime is a requirement of the final NCAP star, and several manufacturers (including BMW) have resubmitted cars for a second time, but with the chime then fitted, just to get it.

My 2003 V70 chimes only twice on start up before belt up (I guess this is the NCAP bit), and then shuts up. If you drive forwards above walking pace, the warning then starts to chime again. If you continue to ignore it, which I did once out of interest, it eventually shuts up and displays a red warning triangle in the instrument cluster and at the side of the rear view mirror. Driving in reverse does not ellicit a chime. So, I can shunt the car around the driveway without an annoying chime beyond the first two.