Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - Stonk
Hello all,

I need to lease a new car at the moment and was going to go for the Saab 93 Linear 1.9 dti (150) over two years. However, there is an offer of the Renault Scenic 1.5 dci Dynamique over one year at the moment and it's thrown me somewhat. As you are all car buffs you can understand the Saab is a much better car but is it worth spending an extra £110.00 a month on? I can just afford the Saab.

As far as the lease terms go I would have to pay three months 1st payment for each contract. eg: Renault 3 + 11 & Saab 3 + 23. In other words in 12 months time I'll have to pay another 3 months to start a new contract.

I do like the Saab for a feel good image (ok, call me a snob) but the Renault is packed with goodies though I am concerned about it being a gutless wonder.

Married with a 2 yr old ankle biter.

Any help appreciated.

Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - Altea Ego
Blimey! talk about chalk and cheese.

The family (specially the ankle biter) will love the scenic. Kids love em becuase they get really good views out of the windows.

You as a driver however will not. The 1.5dci is not the engine to have in this car. Dont forget the scenic has the aerodynamics of a brick. The 1.9 is a whole different ball game however.
Ah yes. Do I put myself first or my family? I like my cars. I know they are totally different but that's my problem. The 1.9 Scenic unfortunatly is not an option :o(
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - cheddar
Should get quite a favourable lease deal on a Focus C-Max 2.0 TDCi.
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - Burnout2
Saab without question if you have any interest in driving. The 9-3 is a dynamically satisfying car, the Scenic is a practical transport solution; as exciting as cribbage, wallowy around corners and hardly a stormer in 1.9 guise either.
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - oldtoffee
Yesterday a colleague and I went to look at the Scenic and Touran and FRV (wasn't one). Without any prompting or questioning the Renault salesman said the 1.5 engine (100bhp) really struggles with the Scenic and is noisy and thirsty. The deals on the 120bhp models are nothing like the £150 per month ones on the smaller engined models. I guess a long test drive is the only way to check out if it has the performance you need.
I went to look at the Senic yesterday. Very impressive but I didn't test drive it. The salesman said it wasn't sluggish at all!

Yes yes I really want the saab but the scenic is only £129 per month excl vat against the £239 excl vat for the saab. Both deals include a 12 month tax disc.

The Scenic just looks a lot of car for the money & I could change it in a years time.

Working it out without vat the Saab would cost me £3107 per a year & the Scenic £1806 so I have to ask myself is the Saab worth the extra £1301 per a year!

Thanks everyone for your input.
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - PatrickO
Go on you know you want it.....
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - Pugugly {P}
Saab any day of the week.
Renault Scenic or Saab 93??? - mlj
Go for the Scenic. Why? As you say, it is a 12 month deal. This time next year you will have:
a) saved over a grand
b) found out for yourself the answer to this question
If you change cars then, at least you will have eliminated doubt and compensated yourself by the savings made.