Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - rhino
Taking the current family transport into a dealership tomorrow for a part exchange valuation against a new XC90 I'm picking up on Friday.

Given the demand for these cars, no discount was expected or offered, although the salesaman did agree to PX the current car. He didn't view it at the time.
What would you offer for the following, on the basis that the dealer has no sales incentive whatsoever?

Saab 9000CSE, 1993, metallic green, fullish service history (mostly non Saab dealers), 161,000 miles. Small daughter has lovingly, but lightly, carved a 3" heart on the bonnet. A Corgi car minus the rubber tyres has made it's mark nearby. The other two children have ridden bicycles down the nearside of the vehicle over the years, cunningly disguised by touch up paint. A can of Neutrodol has, this very evening, disguised the accumulated effects of sick, sweat, ribena, yogurt, rotting fruit etc that have been experienced by the interior of the car over the last eleven years. Front foglight destroyed by SWMBO when a "low kerb hit the car". Oil weeping from seven points of the engine/gearbox.

Apart from that it's fine.

Remember, the dealer is under no pressure whatsover as he has a sale in the bag.

Your guess for PX value is?..........
Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - Robin Reliant
He'll probably try to talk you into selling it privately, telling you how much more you'd make than by trading it in.

Then cross his fingers and hope...
I should add that closest to the actual offer gets a big virtual pat on the back tomorrow afternoon. God luck!
Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - P E
Oh what the heck, I reckon £450. PS remember to check cubby holes for 20p pieces that you stash for parking meters/ticket machines. (I forgot last time and as a result dropped the px value by £2)
Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - tyre tread
Take the ramaining tax out of it and I reckon, assuming a couple of months MOT, he'll offer you the value of a decent set of mats, mudflaps etc so say £350
Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - madux
Remember, the dealer is under no pressure whatsover as he has
a sale in the bag.

I think this might be a clue.
£1500?
Part Exchange. Your guess is?..... - Manatee
Do you mean £150?
P E, virtual pat on the back for the closest guess.

£500. I was honestly expecting 200-300.

Just shows what a few hours work on the appearance of a car can do, as it was described a 'clean' (in both the motor trade and literal senses of the word), and comment was passed that I'd clearly looked after it.

Some of these threads are very timely, as I made sure the remaining tax wasn't part of the deal.

This car has been part of the family for nine years, but off to auction week after next. Sad to see it go.