Annoying Window Stickers - davie.g
Just bought a 3 year old Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec and am mightily impressed. Got it looking like new but it has big yellow stickers on the two front windows imforming everybody that the car is alarmed etc which are refusing to come off. Any ideas on how to removed them ?
Annoying Window Stickers - henry k
I use Polycell Brush restorer for getting stickers off any glass items. Brilliant!
I also use it for tar on bodywork paint and many other jobs.
Just keep it away from plastic unless you first try it where it does not show. It seems like a drastic product but I have used it for cleaning jobs for years however I find it is not much use as a brush restorer.

Latest use was to remove sticky residue from the underside of my drivers door on my recently aquired car.
I think the residue was from when protective film was there when the car was delivered 6 years ago. Super result.
Then I cleaned up the paint work in the engine bay.

IMO it does not do what it says on the bottle but I like it.
Annoying Window Stickers - Victorbox
Provided the stickers aren't over those dotted shaded edges you see around windscreens (and I doubt it as this is door side windows), then carefully use a decorators scraper, the sort that takes a shaped blade like a razer used to scrape paint off the glass when you've gloss painted your house windows. Keep blade away from rubber trim and yourself. Chip off little bits at a time. Any DIY store stocks them. Any clear sticky residue left will come off with either glass polish, sticky label remover from a computer store or even WD40 or white spirit followed by a good clean with glass polish. Obviously don't use this method on heated rear screens!
Annoying Window Stickers - Marc
Use a standard razor blade to lift up a corner and peel (careful not to scratch the glass). If you warm the sticker first with a hairdryer it may help. Remove any sticky residue left behind with WD40

Worked for me when I bought a second hand car with loads of stickers on the back windows - they become brittle with age
Annoying Window Stickers - frostbite
Carefully apply some heat with a hair dryer/heat gun.
Annoying Window Stickers - davie.g
Many thanks for replies. Razor blade, heat and WD 40 did the trick
Annoying Window Stickers - billy25
sorry for the thread hi-jack, but my question is here and it saves starting a new thread.........

>>those dotted shaded edges you see around windscreens <<

i have had several cars that have had these, but as they don`t appear to do anything i assumed they were just decoration, do they in fact have a specific purpose or not?

billy.
Annoying Window Stickers - Stuartli
I've wondered too what was the purpose of the shaded areas.

However, a road test of Honda's Stream MPV provides the following information:

"In bright sunshine, and we did have some, there is no shaded area at the top of the big windscreen, nor is there a dotted area above the mirror. And you miss them."
Annoying Window Stickers - Stuartli
PS

When removing all these windows stickers, do leave the one on that declares: "Live long enough to be a nuisance to your kids"....
Annoying Window Stickers - Wales Forester
I've always thought that the black windscreen border with the dotted edge is there to hide where it is actually fitted to the car, otherwise you'd be able to see the bonding and car bodywork through it?

PP