fiesta 1.1lx1 have a speed sensor, myth? - pete.a
my 1993 fiesta 1.1lxi has started reving its self off the scale, uncontrolably, i took it to the garage and they said the speed sensor had gone and want to charge me £110 to replace it. Ive been led to belive they have carburettors, am i been done? thanks a very ignorant pete
fiesta 1.1lx1 have a speed sensor, myth? - elekie&a/c doctor
You have mentioned that your car is an lxi model,which indicates that it is fuel injection not carb.Price sounds about right,I think the part is around £70.Done,I don't think so...
fiesta 1.1lx1 have a speed sensor, myth? - pete.a
thanks, i just thaough that a crappy 1.1 would be injection, dosent sound right?!

fiesta 1.1lx1 have a speed sensor, myth? - mare
i had a 1992 K reg Fiesta 1.1 LX as a company car about eight years. The car gave me a fright on the M32 by over-revving. It did it three times and then mysteriously went away.

If i recall correctly and casting my mind back to other peoples' cars at the firm, the 1992 was pre-cat and had a carb. 1993 introduced cats and therefore injection, i think that the 1993 cars had white front indicators instead of the orange ones on my 1992. That last bit may seem insignificant, but it was a minor facelift, at which time other mods crept in.
fiesta 1.1lx1 have a speed sensor, myth? - Civic8
Can only reflect what doc said.
--
Was mech1