Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - Telco
I went to the dealers to get some new antifreeze for the 75 as it is due for change. However, I was told that it should be "vacuum filled".
What is the BRs thoughts on this as RAVE does not mention this requirement?.
Is it essential or beneficial, or is it just a procedure used by the dealers as it makes it easier and they have the kit ?.

Thanks.
Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - Aprilia
Just reduces the chance of getting airlocks in the engine and removes the need for bleeding, which can be tedious on this engine.
You can do the job without a vacuum bleeder, just be careful to get all the air out.
Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - DL
The vacuum filling requirement is a prerequesite for coolant changes on the chocolate-teapot K Series engine which is very sensitive to it's coolant capacity.

Aslong as the system is filled slowly and bled fully I don't see any problems. Especially as you have access to RAVE :) Where did you get that from??
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - LA15
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 75 CDT doesn't have a K-series engine...
Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - Aprilia
BMW 2.0 Turbo-Diesel, isn't it?
Rover 75 CDT Coolant Change - DL
Yeah, I know the 75 doesn't have a K Series Diesel coz there ain't one! I should have worded it better - it is the K series engine that is subject to vacuum filling.

It's the BMW M47R unit.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....