suzuki jimny - ka razy
Hi all,
I have a Suzuki Jimny which I bought new, and has now covered 9000 miles. However from day one the gearbox has,to say the least been troublesome.Engaging 1st gear from stationary is a hit or miss,and there seems to be a severe notch between 3rd and 4th.I have had it back to two Suzuki dealers,one of them changed the gearbox oil to a synthetic type to no avail,the other,where I purchased it,just doesnt want to know,and says its driving like every other Jimny.I had driven a "W" reg one of these before buying the one I have,and it was completely smooth.Does anyone know if newer ones have a different gearbox.I have already written to Suzuki,who said their dealer would look into it further....what a laugh,the're just not interested!.Would welcome any comments as what to do next....

JMC
suzuki jimny - autumnboy
For some reason I don't know.

The hard top version of the Jimny has as you say, has a notchy gearbox and the soft top version is alot cleaner in its gears. It maybe because the hard tops are from Japan and the soft tops are from Spain having different specifications ???????