leak in peugeot 406 - braveheart
I have an x reg 406 and its leaking water in the passenger footwell. I have taken it to an independent garage and they put a hose on the engine and the water was found to be leaking around the brake servo unit. They advised me to take it to a peugeot dealer where the dashboard might have to come out,can anyone advise if this will be the case?
leak in peugeot 406 - Dynamic Dave
Moved from Discussion. DD
Since my note I have actually found 3 to 4 inches of water in the spare wheel well in the boot. So obviously water is coming throught the boot somewhere !
leak in peugeot 406 - Chops887766
I had water coming in around the roof aerial on a Pug 406 - it was fairly obvious it was there though as it was dripping off the courtesy lights. I found a tiny gap between the aerial and the roof, but you'd be amazed how much water came in through it. Moral of the story - water gets in anywhere no matter how small the gap.
Found the problem,the water was leaking in the boot,filling up in the spare wheel well then travelling all the way to the passenger footwell
cause....towbar gromit not fitted properley!
leak in peugeot 406 - Taff
I pup a similar query on the board a couple of weeks ago. I traced my leak to the boot seal. When the car is parked nose down on a slope a pool of water collects at the front corners of the boot channel. if the seal has been knocked then water can get under the seal and run down behind the trim and find its way to the front. I removed the boot seal and used Wicks central heating system leak preventer as I did not have any other silicone sealer. It worked a treat. Refit the real and crimp it slightly around the corners and it should work.