Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - Yoby
Parents came down to London for friend's farewell party, Dad parked in a resident's parking thinking ok after 6.30. Within 10 mins someone came in and said car was being ticketed. By the time my Dad got out to the car it was being driven down the road on the back of the truck. I was able to take him to the car pound on Park Lane where he was duly relieved of £200 to get it back.

I was under the impression that there was a bit of time before removal - am I wrong? Is there any way in which he can appeal as it was all done so quickly? I heard that there was a website called appealsnow.com or something but nothing appears when I tried it.

It all happened at a really bad time time for them - luckily they have been quite philosophical about it, but I just wanted to see whether any Backroomers had any ideas on redress.

Many thanks

Y
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - No Do$h
Par for the course in Westminster. Try searching the Evening Standard website for info on the appeals process. They run a weekly article on the perils of parking in London.

www.thisislondon.com

Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - spinner
The wardens are on commission as well and hide behind bushes/trees, etc, waiting for the hapless driver.

There should be a sign up indicating the local parking regulations - if not then you might have room for appeal.

Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - spinner
BTW it is usually ticket - then, clamp and or notice attached to car, then onto the dreaded lorry.
Once it's off the ground there's no going back.
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - David Horn
I daresay that if you lept on the bonnet they wouldn't have much choice than to put it down. Lifting it on to the lorry would surely contravene every health and safety reg in the book, and should they attempt to pull you off they're at risk of an assault charge. If they laid a finger on me I'd be testing a "no win, no fee" lawyer the next day.

I've always thought that it's fair enough if you get done if you park sprawled across half the road and three disabled bays, but when the wardens are just in it to make money it's darned unfair.
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - NowWheels
I daresay that if you lept on the bonnet they wouldn't
have much choice than to put it down. Lifting it
on to the lorry would surely contravene every health and safety
reg in the book, and should they attempt to pull you
off they're at risk of an assault charge.

I saw a man do just that when he'd parked really badly outside a bar in Covent Garden abt ten years ago.

Very bad mistake.

They did indeed put the car down again, but it was barely on the ground before a wagonload of police appeared, to lead the climb off in their van for a friendly chat.

Huge cheer from the crowd as the car was hoisted again!

I imagine the charge would be along the lines of obstructing an official in the course of duty, potential penalty much much higher than the parking fine+haulage charge
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - Dwight Van Driver
www.parkingandtrafficappeals.gov.uk

www.parkingticket.co.uk

Dvd
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - David Horn
If it's a council warden, they you'd be pretty stupid to do it to them. However, you reckon a cowboy clamper would carry the same sort of clout with the police?
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - Cardew(USA)
Queen's Gate is a road right next to the Albert Hall. One side of the road is covered by Kensington & Chelsea parking regulations and the other side by Westminster Council. Parking in Residents Parking is not allowed until 10pm in Westminster. Whenever there is a show at the Albert Hall the removal trucks arrive within minutes of the show starting and remove all offending vehicles. Easy pickings for crews on commission.
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - Mapmaker
Cowboy clampers, OK. But cowboy tower-aways? (tow-awayers?) Never heard of them.
Omega lifted in Westminster after 10min - SjB {P}
A few weeks back, my brother drove my wife and I in to London, where we parked in Westminster for the night. The ticket warden had literally 'sprung out of the bushes' before he had finished parking, and waited whilst he purchased his ticket, before walking off. When she did, I noticed that she wrote the EXACT time of expiry on a pad. Sure enough, at 08:28 the following morning (free overnight parking expires at 08:30) another warden turned up with clamp in hand to the otherwise derserted street.

However, I had the great satisfaction of having got there first, at 08:20, purchased a ticket, and NOT displayed it. I then waited near the car, in full view of the warden, waiting for them to clamp. At 08:29:30, as they started the process, I unlocked the door, and put the new ticket in the window with a smile.

Mr Clamper was not half as happy as I was! :-))
They wanna play games, they got games.