Advice for my sister-in-law - daveyjp
6 months ago my sister in law had an accident. T boned at a set of lights - no fault of hers. The car was written off due to it being uneconomic to repair. All paperwork was sent to the insurance company and the relevant parts of the V5 sent to the DVLA. She was paid out and thought that was the end of the matter. She has now started to receive penalty notices for numerous traffic offences, speeding, parking, congestion charge etc etc - it looks like the car was bought from the wreckers yard, been repaired and not registered. Despite informing the DVLA again and the police the notices keep appearing. She is becoming a little annoyed with it all, any advice on how she should deal with it? I\'d be tempted to do nothing and have my day in court!
Advice for my sister-in-law - Dwight Van Driver
That is really naughty of DVLA who should have put a marker on the vehicle file when written off.

As what to do? Own thought would be to go to a Local DVLA Office and have a face to face with a senior official and present all your evidence that it was written off with a view to getting that marker on your file.

Too far away and as you say you have already re-written to DVLA without success then a letter explaining all the circumstances and what is happening again with copies of evidence to The Police Liaison Officer, DVLA, Swansea.

In the meantime return all Notices of Infringements to whence they came from with an explanation. If these are all from a local local authority then a word also with local Plod alerting them to a cloned vehicle doing the rounds.

DVD
Advice for my sister-in-law - Simon
How about contacting the insurance company that wrote the car off. Technically when they paid you out they also bought the car off you and thus it became their property to do with what they wished. So therefore they surely are responsible for what happens once it became their property. Pass the buck...