Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - Hugo {P}
Tomorrow is the 1st of April (when I'll be 37 BTW)

And the VED for my van is due.

My insurers kindly agreed to send be a duplicate cert after the original got 'filed' by SWMBO, so that it would arrive in time.

A few days ago, the envelope duly arrived. "Good" I thought, I'll put it to one side and do that on the 31st.

Opened the envelope today and find that they have very kindly sent last years certificate! Oh what joy!

Apparently there is another current arriving by special delivery tomorrow. DVLA inform me that I have 14 days before they start sending me a fine provided I don't drive it.

So, now where's that MOT certificate??!!

H
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - patently
Been there. Done that. Got the coronary to prove it.

So sorry to hear it's not just me!
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - BobbyG
Happy Birthday Hugo , you Fool !! :)
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - SR
Hugo - at least your other half only "filed" the insurance certificate. Mine went out and bought her new tax disc, to start today, and when she went to put it on the car she couldn't find it.

We eventually retrieved it from the bin, where she'd deposited it during an absent-minded moment.
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - BobbyG
and when she went to put it on the car she couldn't find it.

We eventually retrieved it from the bin, where she'd deposited it during an absent-minded moment

You must have very big wheelie bins where you live!!!!! :)
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - SR
Good one!
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - Hugo {P}
All Sorted now. Van is taxed after insurance were good to their word. Certificate arrived this morning, no card though :(

H
Tax, insurance and Murphy's law - twarde
Just realised I havn't taxed my car at the end of March. From what I read this thread I could have 14 days before the automatic fine so long as the car is not driven? I'll be getting the tax tomorrow hopefully its not too late.

Tony