Clio Reflecting Windscreen - 30+ahhhh
I am looking to buy a radar speed camera detector, but all sites say that they do not work to well with heat reflecting windscreens. I have a Clio with a heat reflecting windscreen but in the middle of the windscreen at the bottom there is a blank area to put parking tickets etc. i.e this area is a different colour. Does anyone know if this is not heat reflecting and if so would a radar detector work?

Thanks
Clio Reflecting Windscreen - Altea Ego
Ok there will be an area that is not reflective, Mostly on renaults its up behind the rear view mirror at the top (mine is). cant be specific about clios tho - err indoors does not have a reflective screen. Buy and see if it works you will be suprised how much of a signal you get anyway. Another 40 quid will buy you a powered GPS aerial repeater you can stick anywhere. Got one for my hand held GPS.
Clio Reflecting Windscreen - Altea Ego
OH and if its the origin B2 - or blue eye, the antenna module can be stuck anywhere its on its own cable. Fitted one in a SAAB
Clio Reflecting Windscreen - Andrew-T
When I posted here asking about the 'window' near the base of SWMBO's Clio screen, Glass-tech responded that it was for the automatic payment sensors on continental motorways. So presumably it is transparent for that type of application - try it and let us know.
Clio Reflecting Windscreen - Dynamic Dave

This is the thread that Andrew-T is refering to:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18424

Clio Reflecting Windscreen - Rogerer
I have Clio's with both 'ordinary' screens and 'heat reflective'. My radar detector works perfectly well in the'ordinary' screeened Clio. It does not work properly in the 'heat reflective' screened Clio's - if you position the detector at the bottom where the clear patch is the wiper obstructs. The company who sold me the detector assured me that there would be no problem. They have not been helpful in any way! I subsequently purchased a Laser detector (£99) which works very well and has already paid for itself several times. (Radar cameras are clearly visible)
Clio Reflecting Windscreen - cheddar
Wie's Clio has the clear patch in the lower middle of the creen, I have been told it is for radar detectors though have not tried it.