Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - corblimeyguvnar
this quick?
09.30 Saturday, pick up motor from body shop, they have fitted a shiney new alloy to replace the one that had been scratched in a previous ding er indoors had in MY MOTOR!
17.00 pulling out of dodgy football club carpark, tyre doesnt feel too healthy, pull into side road, squeeze into narrow space between two cars, miss judge kerb, bosh.
Quite a few effs and the like, check tyre, sure enough, flat as a pancake, new alloy now in worse nick than the old one.
Pants!

And we lost!.
Straight to the pub when I got home, 2 hours late due to poxy space saving wheel and 50mph max speed warning !!

mmmmphh
--
Drink Lager Talk Piffle !
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - daveyjp
I'd had my Audi a couple of days. Went to a site visit and missed a turning. Chose a side road to do a U turn and decided I didn't need to reverse to make the turn - I was wrong and the kerb was an old type made of aggregate in concrete which acted like teeth. Result deep scars in surface of alloy and me well peed off!! Looking in my diary it was a year ago tomorrow.
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - Blue {P}
I had never kerbed an alloy on any of my cars in my life, then I managed to kerb both front ones within the space of a week on my current Fiesta!

I wasn't impressed, and was left £70 out of pocket for having them reconditioned! :-(

Good as new now though, despite one of them having quite nasty scrapes.

Blue
Good as new now though, despite one of them having quite
nasty scrapes.

Erm, I meant it *did* have quite nasty scrapes, they're gone now! :-)
Blue
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - hillman
My son has just picked up his new VW Touran. This has alloy wheels, but no spare of any kind. He has a can of foam which is to be squirted into a punctured tyre. What is he to do in the middle of the night, in a strange district, with a busted alloy rim?
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - Ford Dagenham
Hello.

No spare is this car companys saving money again.

Just pick up a correct sized spare and stick a new tyre on it from a breakers yard as squirty foam sounds unreliable.

(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - NARU
I'd never damaged an alloy until my current BMW 330d, where the wheel overhangs the tyre - IMO a design flaw! Or is that 'a guaranteed source of future revenue'???
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - jc33
Blue, where did you take your wheels to get them reconditioned? Has anyone else got any other recommendations/indications of cost?
I used a mobile firm called Wicked Wheels, they come out to the house and do the work in their van.

You can't tell that the wheels were ever damaged, and as it was both front wheels, I wasn't left without a car, if I had put it in somewhere to have the work done I would either have had to leave the car, or make two journeys and trundle around on the spare in between, not good. Wicked Wheels had the whole job done in just over an hour with the car left on the drive, supported by jacks obviously :-)

Sorry I don't have their number to hand, but I believe it's in the phonebook, I can get it for you if you want.

They operate in the Tyne and Wear area AFAIK.

Blue
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - jc33
OK thanks for the info. Don't worry about the number as I doubt they'll be prepared to travel to Hampshire! I'll do some fishing for a more local firm. Cheers.
Anyone managed to knacker an alloy - AdrianM
Squirty foam = not good.

It actually performs well, but once it is in there it does not come out, so no hope of repairing the tyre