bigger estate - pablo
Hi HJ

My lovely non-spelling partner Dieselwitch has posted you a query re estates earlier & thanks for your sugg of Mk111 Golf TDI. However, I coming round to opinion that if you're going to do the estate thing, it might as well be a big one & have done with it. Reasons: this new dog is a bassett hound, & is going to be enormous. We also have older parents & part of the plot is to bundle every body into car, dog in the back & go for walks & picnics & dare I say, the pub! & I'm sure she won't mind me saying but I guess small human puppys might appear in the near future. & we've all seen the strruggle in the supermarket car park with mums juggling sprogs & shopping & baby kit. So, as I am something of a fan of VW warrantys I am leaning towards passatt tdi. But am I getting best value for my £. All those daily mail mums in there Volvo estates can't be wrong? Actually.....I bet thet don't have 2 go to Cornwall from Hants every week. One last thing- really does need to have a bit of power to join Motorway safely.

Best regards & thanks

Pablo
Re: bigger estate - pablo
b*gger, meant to email this direct. Ok everybody, if you're not bored to tears with this one please add your opinions. Could run an older one for a bit & maybe upgrade as & when other things materialise??
Re: bigger estate - honestjohn
(I told him to go for an old shape Passat TDI Estate in that case, but to be careful not to buy one with oval bores due to worn injectors.)

HJ
Re: oval bores? - John Moorley

What are the symptoms of the oval bores (and worn injectors)? Oil smoke (black smoke and loss of power)?