Insurance qutes - CM
Following Blue's problems and an impending no-fault claim on my behalf, I was wondering why repairers seem able to charge 2 different rates - one for private repairs and one for the insurance companies. Why do the insurance companies not raise a finger to stop this happening. Afterall the cost gets pushed onto their customers in the form of higher premiums.

I cannot see any justification in charging higher prices and why no one seems to question this practice. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
Insurance qutes - teabelly
Insurance jobs are often repaired to a different standard. With a private job most owners are content with panels being pushed/beaten back into shape. With insurance jobs all new parts are used so that pushes up the costs considerably. I think there are also liability and guarantee issues to consider especially with approved repairers as they have to be able to prove a certain standard of repair. I have only had the misfortune to use one approved repairer and they were pretty good. Others I know weren't so lucky...
teabelly
Insurance quotes - Dalglish
cm: possible reasons
private job = less paperwork admin and instant payment and less hassle.
insurance job = inspections etc., paperwork hassle, 2 or 3 month paymment terms and chasing by cresit control for 4 months before final settlement.

after care following bodge job:
private punter complains, told to go and multiply.
ins co complains, better avoid in first place by not doing bodge. or else listen and unbodge if repeat business wanted.
Insurance qutes - Andrew-T
It is certainly common knowledge that when one asks a repairer for a quote, the first question is 'is it an insurance job?'. But even when it is (as it was for me last July) there may still be room for flexibility. I drove the damaged car to the repair shop for an estimate, which included new wing and screen, and 2 front doors which had suffered slight damage to leading edges. I told him I was happy for the old ones to be filled and painted as they still closed perfectly. This was done - but I don't know whether the original estimate was the one accepted by the ins.co. If it was I guess the repairer may have profited somewhat, but as he did me a few small fixes at the same time, I was happy!