Happy New Year - HF
Just a quickie to wish each and every one of you a very happy and safe New Year.

May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2004.

Take care all.
HF
Happy New Year - Hugo {P}
Have a great new year everyone!

Remember stay off the booze or out of the drivers seat.

Hugo
Happy New Year - cockle {P}
Indeed, Happy New Year to you all.

Cockle
Happy New Year - Marcos{P}
Happy new year to one and all.

Marcos
Happy New Year - Stephen
May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2004.

That would be nice!!!

Happy New Year to you all too. Hopefully very early next year we shall have a few positive changes to the site and server - at last!!!

Take care too.

Stephen
----------------------------------
Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
Happy New Year - El Hacko
Amen to all the tributes...and many, many thanks to HJ and the Team. I'd add that even if the site remains unchanged, it is still the best, in both information and entertainment.

A Decent New Year to All
EH
Happy New Year - BobbyG
From a sodden, windy, with the occasional blizzard thrown in for good luck, Scotland, best wishes of the New Year to you all and may I take this opportunity to thank all the contributors who have answered queries on my behalf over the last year.

It was much appreciated.
Happy New Year - henry k
Best wishes to HJ, Stephen, the Mods and all the contributors.

I am sure that there is another amazing year of information ahead! Another year of learning and I hope I can help someone on the forum in 2004.
Happy New Year - 8 ball
Best wishes in 2004 to all who read, moderate, and contibute to this excellent website. I remain astounded at the level of expertise and willingness to impart it to the readers of this site. Thank you, one and all.
8 ball
Happy New Year - scruffythedog118
Yes, A Happy New Year to everyone,
Now I'm off to bed as got to be at work by 07:00 hrs.
Happy New Year - Cyrill666 {P}
Happy New Year everyone.

Here's to trouble free motoring for 2004 (well, at least some of anyway)

Kind regards,
Cyrill666
Happy New Year - HF
>>That would be nice!!!

Yeah, I know, one can but hope though! :)

I forgot to mention before, but will do now just to add to those who have been more thoughtful than me - as well as all the personal good wishes, I would like to add my thanks to HJ, and to Mark, Dave, Alan and Stephen, and whoever else is working behind the scenes.

I think, and hope, that this site is going to go from strength to strength over the next year. Many, many thanks to all who have made that possible. All who contribute here are indebted to you.

Too late to say 'see you next year', cos it already is - but thanks to those who have contributed to this thread, not least HJ himself. That's really appreciated. Thanks, and again, please have the best New Year you can possibly have.

Let's hope we can have such a fantastic site that we had over the last few years, continue for ever and ever.

Again, take care all.
HF and Rob (who is asleep but I'm sure won't mind me mentioning his name.)xxx
Happy New Year - Marcos{P}
Sorry I forgot to mention the Moderators, Stephen and HJ.
They are the people that make this site what it is and without them we would have nothing to do at 04.50am, or any other time of day or night.
I'm off to bed.
Happy New Year - Godfrey H {P}
Happy New Year everybody from me as well.
Happy New Year - alan kearn
Happy New Year happy new year plenty of money and a cellar full of beer.
Horse and a gig and a good fat pig to serve you all next year.

Can anyone remember this little rhyme from a long long time ago.

Happy New Year to everyone
Happy New Year - andymc {P}
"... cellar full of beer."

Not at the moment thanks. Festivities with my Latin friends last night were crowned with a large pot of mulled wine, over which we placed a solid cone of sugar, onto which we spooned copious amounts of rum and poitin (multiculturalism at its best) and set alight so that the sugar gradually melted down into the brew. Nectar, but I only crawled out of bed about an hour ago. A very delicate, sensitive and above all quiet Happy New Year to one and all.
andymc
Happy New Year - flatfour
Happy New Year HJ, and all you other guys ( motoring people) on this site. May you all find the perfect car and ther best fuel to run it on, guess that means the end of this site!!
Happy New Year - No Do$h
Sorry I haven't posted my New Year greetings sooner but my head still hurts. Champagne in pint glasses until 04:30..... Oooooh, but am I regretting it.

To all and sundry, heres to 2004. Blessed be all that sail in her.

And a heartfelt thanks for being such a well behaved bunch of late.

No Dosh
mailto:Alan_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
Happy New Year - Citroënian {P}
Happy new year to one and all - hope 2004 is filled with fun driving for everyone!

--
Lee
MINI adventure in progress
Happy New Year - urlife_006
well we have now raced into 2004 and left 2003, hope all had a good new years eve and didnt drink and drive, speak to you all soon, and have a good new year

Sam
Happy New Year - Blue {P}
Happy new year everyone!

I popped out for a few hours on new years eve and didn't get back until 7pm on new years day, so yes, I am just recovering now as well :-)

Blue
Happy New Year - BeverleyG
Re the rhyme. It sounds familiar. Have you any idea where it comes from? My family has a tradition of someone (preferably dark) letting in the new year with a piece of stolen coal and a holly sprig. They have to say:

Happy new year, happy new year
Plenty of money and nothing to fear
A horse and a gig and a good fat pig to kill next year
A hole in my pocket a hole in my shoe
A hole in my sock where my toe peeps through
Please can you spare me a copper or two?
If you haven't any copper, silver will do
If you haven't any silver, God bless you!

Apparently my grandfather used to know many more verses and it used to take him ages to recite the whole thing. No one else I've ever met seems to know anything about the tradition - they all think we're a bit loopy!