Millers Diesel Power Plus - Dude - {P}

I know H.J. is a strong advocate of the above product for keeping injectors clean and adding lubricity to the fuel to prolong fuel pump life.

Its use has been discussed on this forum sometime ago, but I have run a search and been unable to trace any threads on the subject.

As I do a lot of short runs with my diesel, I am considering using this fuel additive and would appreciate any feedback from any users in the B.R.
Millers Diesel Power Plus - CG
Dude,

I have used Millers Diesel Plus on a Pug 406 HDi almost from new (now 78K)at the recommended dosage of 1 measure to 20 ltrs. I tend to use the main brands of diesel fuel, ie Esso, Shell, BP - but no supermarket brands (which in my area are generally no cheaper anyway). Millers seems to reduce engine clatter (admittedly not loud on the HDi) and also appears to provide a slightly smoother response. After a period in heavy traffic or generally light throttle use you will see quite a bit of soot thrown out when you accelerate hard - this is said to mean that the system stays cleaner by getting rid of it. Millers also claim a better mpg - this is difficult to quantify and on the rare occasion I have not used it (usually run out and not always easy to find out of area) there may be a slight reduction in the figure. I can normally get around 47-49 without, 49-51 with, but this isn't always the case (especially if my wife uses it for local trips!). I use it mainly to lubricate the high pressure pump and for its quieter running. Any mpg advantage helps to offset/cancel out the cost of purchasing it (£5.99 for 500ml but I'm not sure what the dosage line on the bottle represents). Hope this helps.

CG
Millers Diesel Power Plus - DL
Personally I don't endorse them but if you want to use them, then that's your decision.

I have covered in excess of 150k is three diesel vehicles with no ill-effects, using mainly supermarket fuel.

Read into that what you like..
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Millers Diesel Power Plus - No Do$h
Its use has been discussed on this forum sometime ago,
but I have run a search and been unable to trace
any threads on the subject.

Easy mistake to make, I assume you used the Site Search at the head of the page?

If you use the Forum Search (top right)you will find 23 posts with the words "Millers Diesel Power Plus" in the Message Body.

Hope this helps.

PS, I use this myself and the MOT station were most impressed with the smoke count on my chipped 2.4JTD (chipping not being known to help reduce smoke....)

No Dosh
mailto:Alan_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
Millers Diesel Power Plus - andymc {P}
Hey ND, I didn't realise your motor was chipped. Starting from a 2.4, it must be a stormer now - do you know what the power & torque figures are? Also, did it make a difference to your insurance premium? I plan to chip the Passat and uprate the suspension when the warranty expires in March.
andymc
Hi Andy.

I have one of the early 2.4JTDs* so a modest hike to around 155/160bhp and about 330NM of torque (?? in lb/ft?). The chip can be uprated further for an additional 7bhp (more with a new filter) but I'm now considering a full remap as it offers a slightly less brutal approach (most add-on chips just up the fueling pressure whereas a remap plays with just about everything). I know of a couple of people running 195bhp and 296lb/ft of torque in 2.4JTD sportwagons..... Nice!

I'm insured with Liverpool Victoria and they confirmed there was no increase for chipping this car. My Insurance Schedule clearly states that the engine has performance modifications.

www.liverpool-victoria.co.uk

And yes, thunderbolts and lightning have been witnessed when I hit the loud pedal in anger.

(* A bit misleading. Actualy 2496cc but the 2.5 badge is reserved for the V6 petrol)
Millers Diesel Power Plus - Ben79
What chip is this? It sounds like the www.dieselchiptuning.com one to me.

I spoke to my insurance company when I was 23 about chipping my C5 110 HDI, they wanted £170 more.
Millers Diesel Power Plus - Ben79
Was this your review? www.dieselchiptuning.com/catalog/product_reviews_i...0
Millers Diesel Power Plus - DL
Certainly the exception rather than the rule here regarding your insurance!

You must have caught them on a good day!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Certainly the exception rather than the rule here regarding your insurance!
You must have caught them on a good day!

There are a number of Backroomers insuring their chipped cars with Liverpool Victoria and all have reported the same response from them (No increase and no problems) although I accept that for some cars and some driver profiles they may load premiums. This new approach only came about this year, so if you have had problems in the past I would recommend a fresh approach.

I used to work for them and know that they take a sensible approach to risk-based underwriting. Thoroughly recommended, on approach, customer service and premium. When asked they upped my cover to full business use for myself and my wife on both cars (previously fully comp SDP) for an extra £40 or so per annum. Now that kind of premium for that extra cover I can live with!

I should add that I no longer have any connection with the company since branching out and setting up my own business.
Well done to Seefive. Now you know my real name....... Argh!

Should add that their site doesn\'t accept any punctuation other than full-stop and comma and that they review your submission and reserve the right to edit (not change) it.

There should be a follow-up review mentioning the MOT smoke test results posted there in a couple of days.