306 xsi rev and oil gauge - pug_306_xsi_8v
hi lads
i have a 306 xsi....when i brought this car the main dealer told me it just had the clock replaced.....now the rev counter and the oil gauge is died out on me.....can anyone tell me whys its dieing out on me.......

thank you
306 xsi rev and oil gauge - Dynamic Dave

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=17...2

chers mate... but its the rev counter not the speedo..the speedos working fine,its the rev counter and the oil gauge..
The only reason I mentioned my previous post was because colleagues 306 rev counter also stopped working - in fact all the dials on the dash packed up.
306 xsi rev and oil gauge - DL
Bought it recently mate?

If so, take it back!

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
i brought it a year ago
306 xsi rev and oil gauge - Civic8
I am not sure if this applies to your prob.but on the older cars the clock was bolted to the dash.the nuts that held it on connected the earth on a circuit board of plastic film.which covered all instruments.if not tightened up properly this will cause it.but not knowing the car is just a thought
cheers mate ill look at it 2moro
nutthin has worked yet
306 xsi rev and oil gauge - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Open up the fusebox and look for a funny fuse with SHUNT on it. Ign on, pull fuse, wait a few secs and plug it back in. All gauges should go to max and fall back again. This reboots the instrument panel.
Good luck!
Andrew.

Simplicate and add lightness!!
cheers mate which fuse theres loads...... is it fuse no 2............and shall i leave the engine on when i do this...............thanks
i just tried that mate i took fuse no 2 out with the engine on....waited few seconds the gauges didnt go to full and back none of them did...............help me someone
cheers mate which fuse theres loads...... is it fuse no 2

Of course there will be loads of fuses, BUT not all of them will have the word SHUNT written on them - which is the one you pull out. IIRC, there will be only one or two SHUNT fuses.

I suggest you print out Andrew Moorey's suggestion, take it to the car with you AND follow it to the letter.
i just tried that mate nutthin.....the gauges didnt go up or down nutthin...........you think the shunt fuse is faulty............
306 xsi rev and oil gauge - little geoff
I had a similar problem with my 306 2.0 N plate. Where the neadle on the oil pressure gauge would register when the ignition was on. (Backlit, showing the oil level) but didn't give a reading when the engine started. Just by chance I notice that a wire was loose in the engine. Turns out it is the oil pressure sensor. Try checking just below the inlet manifold to the left and see if the wire is still connected. I found I had to extend the wire as it was quite tight using the original loom. Sorry I can't help on rev counter side.

cheers lads trying to help...........but it was a burnt out cercuit on the back of the clock panel........when to pug breaker got one for 30 quid.........sorted