Mondeo Driveshafts - Wales Forester
I have had both driveshafts replaced on my 46,000 mile X reg Mondeo on warranty.
The replacements are Ford supplied 'exchange' units and were significantly cheaper than brand new parts apparently.

I'm basically interested in the difference in life expectancy between these 'exchange' units and original new parts, any ideas?

PP
Mondeo Driveshafts - Chas{P}
They should have the same life expectancy as new units.

Ford insist on using the best remanufacturing processes in the industry.

Your new driveshafts will be covered by a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty even if a non Ford garage fitted them. Just keep your receipt.

Charles
Thanks Charles, nice to hear that, I had them fitted at a Ford dealer and wil make sure I keep the receipt.

PP
Mondeo Driveshafts - blank
PP:
I'd be interested to know if you had any feedback on reasons for the failures?

Ta
Andy
Can't help you there Andy I'm sorry, the driveshafts were the last in a long list of front end parts needing replacement over the first 5 weeks of me owning the car totalling £1400 (on warranty).
I'm just assuming the car has had a hard life with it's first two owners.

PP
Mondeo Driveshafts - Aprilia
Crikey, it must have been driven to Hell and back to need that amount of replacement parts.
Mondeo Driveshafts - tac
hi p p if you had the driveshafts replaced under warrenty they will only be covered untill your existing warrenty on the car runs out . as for the reason for them going in the first place . the retaining clip on the driveshaft gaitor snaps allowing water into the cv joint washing out the grease . so keep an eye on your new shafts and if you see a clip broken get it replaced.