Punto Clutch - Inca
I have just bought a 52 plate Fiat Punto and have noticed that after about 30 mins in the car the clutch starts creaking when i press it down and then on the way up again. The car is under warranty but i just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to whether this could be a serious problem. Thank you.
Punto Clutch - big davey
the punto has always had a very weak clutch and have had them go at 15,000 its the release bearing which eats into the fingers of the pressure plate, when pressed you can feel the bearing jumping over the worn fingers, eventually the bearing cuts through the fingers and you break down!!. The clutch is a hydraulic operated one and never understood why this happens as its self adjusting and no pressure on fingers when motoring.
This is a very good clutch to do and i do them in 1.5 hrs.
Punto Clutch - Inca
Thanx very much for your reply Davey - i took it back to the garage this morning and yes, the clutch needs to be replaced - the car has only done 9,500 miles and i've only had it a week! Hoping that this is the only major hiccup.
Punto Clutch - big davey
not wanting to put you off the new punto but I also do alot of head gaskets on them, again I love the job involved its an easy one you only get 3 hrs if that do to it. its only the 1200cc "fire engine" that seems to go.