Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - Guitarspark

I have a new Hyundai Tucson Hybrid arriving on Monday and am considering taking out a maintenance plan as part of my lease. The lease company have quoted £42.50/month for a plan which includes MOT (4yr deal so will need one MOT), servicing, tyres, breakdown etc.

My other option is to take a service plan from Hyundai and then just put some money aside each month to cover tyres etc.

If I did want a full maintenance plan are there are companies that are well priced for it? I assume you can go to any maintenance company, not just one promoted by my lease broker?

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - badbusdriver

How much is Hyundai's service plan?. I can't imagine you'd need more than one set of tyres unless you drive like a loon!. Also, surely you'd need 2 MOT's, one on its third birthday and another before you hand it back at its fourth?.

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - Zippy123

How many miles do you plan to do over 4 years.

As an indicator, on my last Tucson with 19 inch wheels I had two sets of fronts in 65,000 miles. No rears.

The first change was like for like, the second change was for a premium brand that was on offer saving a fortune.

So say £800 in tyres, which could have been done much cheaper if I had bothered to shop around first time.

I didn't get the Hyundai service plan, but did get the garages own equivalent (purchased with credit card just in case) and it turned out to be much cheaper at £550 for 75,000 miles of services. The dealer's plan was the full Hyundai service to keep the warranty in place.

New front disks were recommended (but not required) at the 60k service, but not purchases as the car was going back the following month.

So £42.50 x 48 = £2,040 and doing it myself cost £1,350. Remember not all tyre repairs are covered by lease maintenance plans - for example kerbing damage to a tyre is usually not covered.

I plan to do 10,000miles/yr so 40,000 in total. I'd not likely put premium tyres on due to mileage so could probably source tyres for around £100 - £120 each given experience on my 19" Sportage I have just sold.

Hyundai can't tell me yet. As it's a 71 plate the reg isn't on their system so they can't price it for me.

Yes, you're right about 2 MOTs

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - Zippy123

Hand it back a day early. As long as it's road legal, no 2nd MOT is needed.

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - badbusdriver

Hand it back a day early. As long as it's road legal, no 2nd MOT is needed.

Thats fine assuming doing so would incur no extra charge.

My wife gets a Motability car, which is effectively the same as a lease car. We keep them for three years, but they must be MOT'd before being returned.

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - leaseman

To anybody thinking about buying a Maintenance plan from anyone apart from the Lessor of the vehicle- DO NOT!

The list of, so called, Maintenance Companies, that have set up, only to be liquidated within a few years, and start again, that I have experienced since 1972, when I started in car finance, would run to many pages. They sell on price, maintain the car for a short while, when their expenditure on tyres, servicing etc is lowest, then disappear. Easy money. Whilst the Lessee picks up the heavy costs as the vehicle gets older.

Hyundai Tucson - New car maintenance package - Marlin1

To anybody thinking about buying a Maintenance plan from anyone apart from the Lessor of the vehicle- DO NOT!

I purchased a service plan from a Hyundai dealer rather than the Hyundai plan or the lease company's scheme and it was fine. Paid on credit card just in case.