TOYOTA FUEL PROBLEM - TROY
I HAVE A1986 TOYOTA CELICA WITH A 2.4 EFI ENGINE IT STALLED ALL OF THE SUDDEN. THEN IT WOULD START BUT ONLY IDLE IF YOU TRY TO ACCELERATE IT ACTS AS IF ITS STARVING FOR FUEL THEN IT WILL ACCELARATE UP TO ABOUT 3K RPM . BUT THE CAR HAS NO POWER AND
SOME TIME IT WONT START AT ALL. I CHANGED FUEL FILTER HOPING IT WAS PLUGED. IT HAS FUEL UP TO THE COLD START INJECTOR AND IT SEEMS TO BE UNER PRESURE. I THINK ITS A FUEL PROBLEM BUT IT COULD BE ELECTRCAL.

HELP TROY
Re: TOYOTA FUEL PROBLEM - Andy Bairsto
Check to make sure you have no air leaks as this sounds like a air to fuel ratio problem.
Re: TOYOTA FUEL PROBLEM - mike harvey
I'd agree with Andy on the Air/Fuel ratio. Sounds like air flow meter though, and they are difficult to test unless totally broken.
Mike
Re: TOYOTA FUEL PROBLEM - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Suggest either a massive air leak from perhaps a split rubber trunk between airflow meter and manifold or a jammed/ failed airflow meter. Phsically check condition of trunking then remove the airflow meter and check for free movement of the metering flap, it should move smoothly along it's entire range and return smartly to its rest position. Finally if both tests prove satisfacory check for output voltage from the signal terminal on the airflow meter. It should move smoothly from about .5v to 4.5 v from rest to fully open. I don't have a terminal number to hand but will find out for you if you want to tackle it.
regards
Andrew