Peugeot 306 HDi "simmering" - FP
I've read some of the stuff on here re "simmering" turbocharged engines. I presume it also applies to the HDi. As the performance of the engine oil is involved, can anyone recommend an oil that is less likely to cause problems in the HDi - for example, a low-viscocity synthetic? And what about such products as Slick, which supposedly coats bearing surfaces with teflon or whatever which cannot be removed except by grinding? Does this help?
Peugeot 306 HDi - Ben79
Follow the oil change advice in the current BMW thread, I personally use Total Quartz 9000 (£20 ish for 5 litres) and genuine filters.

With regards the simmering, try and keep the revs low for the last mile or so, and you won't need to idle the engine for longer than it takes to remove your seatbelt, pick up the mobile and find the crooklock.

If you have just stopped at a motorway service station, a full minute or two idling the engine will allow the turbo bearings to cool enough.

Some people recommend oil additives, but I think the majority say that replacing quality oil at 5 to 6,000 miles think that is sufficient.

Fuel additives are recommended, see HJ's FAQ.
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.