Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - Grease_monkey

Looking at purchasing a Kia Rio as a second car. Found a car I like and made initial enquiries with the dealer. What are people's opinion on Kia Rio

Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - Oli rag
Is it the last of the old model or the new one?
Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - Grease_monkey

It's the new 4th generation model

Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - badbusdriver

I'd be reluctant to go diesel unless useage dictates it. Not sure how reliable that particular engine is, or if its prone to the usual 'diesel used for short journeys' issues, but why take the chance?.

As a petrol, yes, I'd be happy enough with a Rio.

Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - BPL

I'd be reluctant to go diesel unless useage dictates it. Not sure how reliable that particular engine is, or if its prone to the usual 'diesel used for short journeys' issues, but why take the chance?.

check the warranty covers the DPF although you don't hear of any problems.....

Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 2017 - Kia Rio Opinions - badbusdriver

check the warranty covers the DPF although you don't hear of any problems.....

I’m pretty sure no warranty covers the DPF (presumably that is unless a manufacturing defect?), hence why it is so important a consideration.

For that reason, regardless of whether the diesel Rio is prone to DPF issues, I’d still avoid it (unless, as said earlier, the useage justifies diesel)