Car Insurance with delayed policy start date - R-

So I've been looking at purchasing car insurance about a month prior to actually having it started with 1 year NCB attached. What I am curious about however is that at the point of having purchased this policy I would not have yet secured my 1 year no claim, however when the policy actually starts I would've, and therefore curious on where I stand with this on a legal basis.

I am aware that if I was to have an accident in that month, I would have to disclose it with the company who I would've just purchased this policy from.

Car Insurance with delayed policy start date - RT

So I've been looking at purchasing car insurance about a month prior to actually having it started with 1 year NCB attached. What I am curious about however is that at the point of having purchased this policy I would not have yet secured my 1 year no claim, however when the policy actually starts I would've, and therefore curious on where I stand with this on a legal basis.

I am aware that if I was to have an accident in that month, I would have to disclose it with the company who I would've just purchased this policy from.

That's a normal situation that everyone is in, as the insurance has to follow on without a break.

As long as you disclose any recent accidents, claims or offences to the new insurer - and - accept any increased premium, then you're quite legal.

Car Insurance with delayed policy start date - Bromptonaut

I'm not clear what advantage there is in committing to a new policy so far in advance of the renewal date though I'm aware that there is anecdotal data that quotes tend to rise slightly when left to the last minute.

In terms of accruing NCD you're in the same position as anybody else. The renewal quote from the existing insurer will presumably be on the basis of one year NCD and that is the proof you need if the new insurer demands it. Increasingly they don't need to see it as the insurance industry has shared databases that will confirm claims history.

Those databases reach is extensive. At one time my daughter was a named driver on my policy. At renewal I was questioned about her history as one of the databases showed a link between her and a claim several months previously. Eventually we worked out that it was her boyfriend who'd claimed for a shunt outside his student lodgings; she was named on his policy too.

The advantage is that the policy will be around £500 cheaper if I was to do it this way, and without a black box. I was just dubious on the fact that if I was to pay for this policy, even with the policy to start over a month later, what would the likelihood of it getting cancelled on me?

Car Insurance with delayed policy start date - daveyjp

First post 'about a month', last post 'over a month'. Insurance quotes are valid for a fixed period, probably a month so dates are critical.

How do you know it is £500 more if you wait?

Despite the inaccuarices in the term, it would be the maximum time you can set up a policy in advance for.

Also I'm aware of how much extra it is, because I have gathered quotes via comparison sites with the details as they would be when I look to take out the insurance, with quotes that start a day later, and those that start the maximum difference you can have your policy start in advance, which I believe is either 28 or 30 days, and each time I have seen the difference in prices.