Knocks squeaks and rattles - Steveieb

Am I the only one who finds unwanted noises so annoying?

My new Golf had a rattle in the Speedo area which the main dealer was unable to fix even after removing the dashboard and mounting it on rubber bushes.

My Accord has an annoying squeak in the roof which after removing the head lining turned out to be a weld that hadn’t taken and the two parts were rubbing together.

Audi seem to excel IMHO in making rattle free cars.

what are your experiences?

Knocks squeaks and rattles - Andrew-T

Ignoring rattles from loose items in the glovebox and the like, My 12- and 26-year-old Pugs are remarkably free of rattles - and squeaks. The only car I recall which made annoying noises was SWMBO's Mk-1 Clio, which had a noisy sunroof. It didn't start like that, but rattles gradually developed with age, as an erstwhile member on here said it would.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - mcb100

Series 1 Clio was never intended to have a sunroof, they were installed at the port of entry and as a consequence either rattled or leaked - usually into the central locking receiver just above the interior mirror.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - craig-pd130

Our Corsa E makes a pronounced and irritating squeak when the clutch pedal is operated. I traced it to the return spring on the pedal arm. A dab of grease silences it for a few weeks but it always returns.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - elekie&a/c doctor
The heater fan in my Fiat hums occasionally, because it doesn’t know the words !
Knocks squeaks and rattles - _

The human satnav/speed detector/collision awareness detector (you're too close) on my passenger seat squeaks, rattles (on) and there seems to be no way of stopping it, short of leaving it at home.

But Can't knock it for keeping warm at night.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - concrete

The human satnav/speed detector/collision awareness detector (you're too close) on my passenger seat squeaks, rattles (on) and there seems to be no way of stopping it, short of leaving it at home.

But Can't knock it for keeping warm at night.

Now there goes a brave man! I take it SWMBO does not read this forum ORB.

Cheers Concrete

Knocks squeaks and rattles - _

Now there goes a brave man! I take it SWMBO does not read this forum ORB.

Cheers Concrete

Blood pressure went up earlier..

Dropped her off for a clinic and she flung the passenger door open just as a beemer passed on our left. he missed and I swore.

Got a rueful apology... oh.. sorry.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - Avant

Nothing to do with the thread topic, but ORB's story reminds me of a safety film by RoSPA that I saw as a child in the 1950s, and the image still makes me chuckle.

A man stopped his Austin Eight and opened his door without looking. A Bentley driven by James Robertson Justice swept past and knocked the door right off. I can still visualise this indignant little man standing in the road holding his door.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - edlithgow

Its pre-OBD OBD. Don't knock it

(Unless its wood, and/or part of your pre-fight checks)

Knocks squeaks and rattles - John F

As per the old VW advert, my silent Audi has a small oilcan in the glove box in case Mrs F's pendular ear rings need attention.

Knocks squeaks and rattles - madf

What are squeaks and rattles?

Knocks squeaks and rattles - SLO76
It’s something I can live with in an old junker but in a half decent or new car it’ll bug me. It took a few attempts for the supplying dealer to sort a rattle from the roof console in our CRV but after that it was completely rattle free for the rest of the 4yrs we had it. My 10yr old Toyota hasn’t a single squeak or rattle and swmbo’s Polo is holding up well in this regard too with no irritants to report other than the noisy passenger seat whenever I’m driving.