Credit hire agreement insurance withdrawn - ebaimoon

Good afternoon, would anyone be so kind as to offer a bit of advice with a credit hire agreement?
I had an accident that I believed was not my fault at a junction and my (cheap) car was written off.
I received a hire car through Auxillis with indemnity insurance. It emerged (many months later) that I wasn't as blameless as I had believed (I crept through a stop sign I hadn't noticed) and so Auxillis have cancelled the indemnity insurance and are coming after me for 4 grand (5 weeks car hire) cos they said I misled them.
Whereas I say I didn't and believed myself to be the innocent party until 3rd party dashcam footage emerged.
Surely that onus of proof is upon them?
Would it be wise to send them a letter stating that I reject their accusation that I misled them?
Many thanks for the time you've taken to read this.

Credit hire agreement insurance withdrawn - Zippy123

Not a lawyer and this should not be taken as advice.

I have dealt with credit hire companies on a professional basis.

Not one of those credit hire companies would pursue a claim against a hirer if the hirer had told them the truth and the claim was settled knock for knock for example or the facts were not materially different from what they stated.

Many posters here dislike credit hire companies because of the issues you face and the high charges made. That is totally understandable but they do have a place in the industry and work best for professionals or trades people who really do need their replacement hire vehicles to be like for like.

Try phoning them to speak to your claims handler, though i would have thought that crossing a STOP sign meant that you were at fault from the outset anyway as they are usually reserved for dangerous junctions where you must stop and apply your handbrake to make sure your way is clear before progressing.