BMW X3 (G01) Xline 69 Plate 2 litre Diesel - Dashboard Dimming - Admiral 1757

Bought this car on 7th November 2019, it was registered in October 2019, overall I am very pleased with it apart from the dashboard dimming.

In bright sunlight the dash including Sat Nav is bright and clear travelling into shade the whole dash and Sat Nav gets dimmer and dimmer to such an extent that the Clock/OutsideTemp/Fuel Range cannot be read it virtually disappears, the car has been returned to the dealers twice with no success.

What peeves me is that the dealer received an email from BMW Technical saying that they know of this problem and have no plans for a fix. I have emailed BMW and complained but car manufacturers being a law to themselves have not had the courtesy to respond.

Any help HJ would be greatly appreciated as I cannot accept that BMW KNOW there is a fault and are taking no action to remedy.

Has anyone else on this forum have this problem, if so what have you done about it and the result please,

Thank You

BMW X3 (G01) Xline 69 Plate 2 litre Diesel - Dashboard Dimming - galileo

Presumably there is a sensor somewhere which is intended to dim the display when it gets dark at sunset. (My SatNav display does this at nightfall).

If you can find this sensor, disabling it ought to leave full brightness on the dash, but interfering with electronics on a new car is not really advisable (voids warranty among other possible side effects)

Thanks fr that, my car has been returned to my dealer and the Electronics have been re-programmed but the problem still exits, yes at nightfall it does go to Night Mode but my problem is that everything goes from Bright and Legible to Grey and illegible from Bright Sunlight to overcast or passing a line of trees.

I will take up with my dealer your point re disabling the sensor as this if possible could do the trick, again, Thank You

BMW X3 (G01) Xline 69 Plate 2 litre Diesel - Dashboard Dimming - elekie&a/c doctor
I don’t think disabling the sensor is an option , as it’s likely to send info to more than just the dash pod . I would think it is linked to the climate control and engine stop/start system .

Thank you fr your input, I will put it to my dealer when I go there in the New Year and will report back