- groaver
Re: Unused car
I bought a new Mercedes GLC 250 Sport in October last year. No indication was given to me about service intervals or costs.

Unless the owner asked at the time of buying, then they are unlikely to offer up such advice.
Research, research, research.
- Palcouk
So they purchased a car for £50k and couldnt even be bothered to read the spec sheet/info I wish I had that sort of money to squander on a vanity purchase. Talk about 'to posh to push'
- TQ
Sump like it not:

Very good advice from HJ and all imparted with good sarcasm towards the dealers. Change the oil as HJ says and your car will live long, long past the 7-year ditch. Its worked for me; I am on my third car in 32 years of continuous (automatic car) driving.
- glidermania
LOL! Can you believe some dimwits!? "I bought a new Mercedes GLC 250 Sport in October last year. No indication was given to me about service intervals or costs."

Clearly they were so bothered handing over 50 grand, they didnt bother asking about service intervals or costs!
Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 11-05-2019 Part 1 - jchinuk

Remember you don't stump up £50K, you commit to £300 a month (or whatever) and expect to hand it back in three years or pay the final payment.

Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 11-05-2019 Part 1 - TQ

You mean when one buys a new cars from MB they do not talk through things like servicing it and maintenance time scales ? If this is true then shame on MB, a new car is expensive and buyers should be told and reminded about servicing/maintenance.

Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 11-05-2019 Part 1 - De Sisti

Someone pays £50k for a car and then worries about servicing cost? Standby for their their complaint about how much VED they're required to pay.

Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 11-05-2019 Part 1 - Marcus T.

£50k on a car, and then complain that a can of oil for it costs £40 or the tyres are £150 a corner. lol

- danthere
HJ You have given me a real dilemma about routine oil changes in response to ...... JK, via email .......
" We simply state that every car needs an oil and filter service at least every year or every 12 months whichever comes first and that’s what we stick to. "
I wonder which does come first ? or will I end up like the person who stayed up all night wondering where the Sun had gone and then it dawned on him !!!
- Stephen O'Neill
You keep recommending the Vitara S vehicle. Based partly on your recommendations I bought a new one two years ago, and it wasn't a great experience. The body flexes alarmingly over our rough roads and the suspension is harsh and very uncomfortable. That and other well documented motoring journalists comments about the spartan nature of the car had me trade it in for something much better. In the vehicle's defence, I would add, the power and flexibility of the engine is the car's one great feature.
- General de Goole
3 across:
I currently fit two child seats and an adult in the back of my Honda Jazz (mk II). Maybe you just need narrower child seats? As for the boot being too small, if you remove the rear shelf and fill the boot to the top, the Jazz can swallow anything.
- nfield750
When I bought a second hand FIAT 500X 1.4 multiair from Bishops in Guildford last year, the sales guy said "just make sure you change the oil and filter every 10k or 1year, whichever comes sooner - so I guess they're not all bad