Claim or No Claim? - Milan Duchovny

Hi

I have been involved in very minor car incident where I slightly touched the bumper of the car before me. This was on traffic lights and no damage was done at all (not even a scratch). But the other driver registered this incident with his insurance company and there is a claim case created with my insurance company as a result. The other driver didn’t actually claim any damage and my insurer now gave me back No Claim Bonus as well (after about 11 months from the incident). However their renewal quote is much more expensive now (even with No Claim Bonus intact). I’m assuming this is because of the claim even if there was no damage.

I’m shopping around and assuming I still need to mention this claim when asking for a quote? Can you please advise whether that’s’ the case? If so would this claim be considered as settled or not settled?

Thank you

Claim or No Claim? - gordonbennet

Make sure to mention this incident to the insurer you choose to use, preferably by speaking to them personally on the phone, so they can log it as reported, it's an at fault minor touch resulting in no claim.

I have just renewed and had similar to report, a non fault minor incident, at work as it happens, where no claims were made by either party (my company bent over backwards to help the at fault young girl through this, she'd only been driving 3 weeks, and yes i work for a genuinely decent company), best to tell though for full disclosure.

Just anecdotally i have changed insurer this year to Direct Line, the time on the phone with my previous insurer finally reached breaking point, having to listen twice (two policies) to the endless pre recorded waffle they insisted on was making me lose the will to live, over an hour of calls this year and they still couldn't match DL's quote...what a refreshing change dealing with the friendly and cheerful young lady at DL was, could not have been easier, all done and dusted in 15 mins and a £50 saving to boot...we'll see what next year brings.

Claim or No Claim? - John F

If only people were more aware that the prime object of insurance companies is to make a profit. Probably the other driver will also have a premium hike. By far the best thing to do in cases of virtually no damage is to agree a solution privately.

Claim or No Claim? - Leif

If only people were more aware that the prime object of insurance companies is to make a profit.

That made me laugh out loud. Best laff I’ve had for a while.

Claim or No Claim? - craig-pd130

Another happy DL customer here. We've been with them for 20+ years and have never found anywhere cheaper when comparing cover like-for-like, especially as I had a quite costly own-fault accident 15 years ago. Always found them easy & straightforward to deal with.