Now I know what you feel like... - SjB {P}
...VD5D, if I recall correctly.

Was it you who said that if you had another V70, you'd have 16" wheels instead of 17", after SWMBO had wiped the more exposed rims on the latter down a few kerbs? I think so, but if not it was someone else on this Forum a while back.

Well, I have just done the same on our new V70. :-(
Thank heavens it was not Mrs, especially as she has wiped her 306 down more lefthand kerbs than you can shake a stick at, and I'm forever reminding her to keep right! I guess I'll still get a wry smile later this evening though!

In my case the atrocious V70 steering lock is at the root of it: Very heavy crawling traffic both ways on main road leaving work. Waiting to turn right, a driver coming from the right held back to let me out, as did the car coming from the left, but I was partly blocked by a bus going in my direction. Feeling an obligation to 'go' (colleagues behind, too) I therefore swung left, then right to tuck in behind the bus, so I am oblique to the road, and not blocking anybody in the crawling traffic. Of course, I ran out of steering lock. Krrrrrrrrrrr for a third of a wheel revolution down the kerb... Right through to the alloy it is, too. Aaaargh. More annoying that it's our car, when I haven't touched a kerb in years of company cars! Oh for 16" rims (and I have just read on one of the Volvo web sites of a guy who wants to fit 20" rims to his!)