KIA Ceed - Am I entitled to recompense for vehicle repair? - nicprz
Hi, I purchased a 2008 Kia ceed 5 months ago, and since purchase I have had to spend £800 to keep it running correctly. First job was the ABS light coming on, I took it to my local garage and they replaced the wheel bearing; ABS bits and something else as the wheel was totally knackered and rusted over inside. This cost me £550. I recently replaced the front passenger wheel bearing as it was making a racket, this cost me 250.

I didn’t think much of it as I just figured I have to pay to keep a car running but I since did my research and found that I could have been entitled to the dealership getting these issues fixed as they occurred under 6 months of ownership and can be considered as being faulty at the time of purchase.

I’m wondering if I have any entitlement to compensation from the dealership for this work, I appreciate that I should have initially gone to them but I just wasn’t aware of my rights. Does anyone have experience of this situation? If they refuse can I go to the small claims court? Or at least threaten them with it ?

Thanks in advance
KIA Ceed - Am I entitled to recompense for vehicle repair? - RobJP

No, you have no right to compensation in law.

As you yourself say, you must give the selling garage the opportunity to do the repair.

You could try threatening them with court, but odds are that they will file your letter in the bin.