strange problem losing power - darrenmc
started other day have fiat uno 999 fire h reg.

i can take car from cold and drive for 10 min or so no probs. but then as i\'m driving the car loses power and slows down say from 30 to 20.... it\'ll then go back up again and down and so on.. now and again i\'ll pull over and it just stop... i\'ve cleaned the plugs they were covered in black soot and checked the ht leads they seem fine nothing visible... i\'ve not lost no coolant and the oil is clear.

please help. i need my car back working for next week to take litlin back to nursery...
could it b a prob with the carb..?
strange problem losing power - king arthur
Spark plugs covered in black soot indicate rich running, since you've already said it's fine when cold but not when hot, this indicates a problem with the choke. I assume it's an automatic choke?
strange problem losing power - Pete
The choke is manual.
strange problem losing power - Doc
Check the air filter-it could be blocked.
its a manual choke.... as said only plays up when hot after 10 min or so.. air filter replaced not long ago and its relatively clean...
cleaned the carb... seams fine now
strange problem losing power - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Several possibilities I am afraid, but symptoms are classic for carburettor icing. Check that flexible ducting from exhaust manifold shield is fitted, not split, and not blocked. Next check that flap in air filter intake nose is operating correctly - should admit warm air when waxstat unit is cold (spray with carb or brake cleaner) and change to cold air when hot (use hair dryer). If flap is inoperative or broken fix it in the "warm air" position by fitting a long self-tapping screw through side of casing, and re-test car.

If problem still there it does sound like a carb or fuel supply fault.

Regards, Adam