Nissan Pathfinder 2.2 TDI 2005 plate - Head or Head gasket gone less than 3 months... - mcl896b
So… here I am again looking for advice from the HJ community.

My Nissan Pathfinder needed a replacement head gasket in summer last year. Fast forward to Feb, and the head cracked. The garage that the car was at offered me two options:
1 – have the cylinders bored out, fit oversized pistons, and a new head gasket.
2 – fit a different block and cylinder head that had been sourced by the garage, and checked.
After discussions with the garage, I elected to go for the second option. Partially because I was offered a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty.

Fast forward to now (I picked the car up on 17 March 18), and last night the truck overheated. Once the engine had cooled down, I checked the expansion tank and the coolant level was well below minimum. Most of the coolant had apparently exploded from the top of the expansion tank and was now on the Lincolnshire highway or in the engine bay (you could see little puddles of orange fluid). I get this could be a thermostat issue or a split pipe, however I am steeling myself for the worst.

I’ve contact the garage this morning and the car is being towed back to there for them to have a look at. My concern is two fold:
1 – Having moved house in between collecting the car and now, I cant find the invoice he gave me.
2 – Where do I stand if he refuses to honour the warranty? The vehicle has lasted less than 3 months from pick up.

Any assistance/advice gratefully received.
Al
Nissan Pathfinder 2.2 TDI 2005 plate - Head or Head gasket gone less than 3 months... - Cris_on_the_gas

I would wait until the garage actually diagnose the cause of the overheating as you state it might just be a split pipe.