Toyota RAV4 - Wheel alignment - strickjumpers

Last Summer my wife purchased a 2013 reg 23K miles, RAV4 from the Local main agent.

Its been feathering the outside edge of both front tyres since we got it.

The car was back in the shop for a gear selection issue and the tyres were a subject of the report, stating ample tread, and no mention of edge wear.

On approaching the agent said wheel tracking was not a warranty issue as hitting the first pothole would put the geometry out.

I find this extremely difficult to understand unless a track rod got bent or a wheel distorted, I would like to take them to task over this and just wonder what the general opinion out there is?

Many thanks, Mike.

Toyota RAV4 - Wheel alignment - Peter.N.

Certainly sounds as though the wheels are towing in to much but it would have to be a pretty large pothole to put the alignment out unless the track rods are made of tinfoil. I would be inclined to contact the company although toe in adjustment shouldn't be very expensive. I do mine myself.

Toyota RAV4 - Wheel alignment - RobJP

'Last summer' is a minimum of 6 months ago.

No way in hell a garage can be held liable for the state of the suspension now, and if the alignment is out or not.

Toyota RAV4 - Wheel alignment - Chris Miller

No way can the dealer be held responsible. It doesn't take that much of a pothole to knock the alignment out.

Edited by Chris Miller on 30/03/2018 at 13:25