Saturday Telegraph sections - bathtub tom

I bought a Telegraph today for the first time for ages. It doesn't have a motoring section, TV guide or a section that I remember used to include a large crossword and other puzzles.

Have I been short-changed, or is this now normal?

Saturday Telegraph sections - galileo

The motoring section and crossword are in the bit headed "Saturday".

Saturday Telegraph sections - bathtub tom

The motoring section and crossword are in the bit headed "Saturday".

Thank you, teach me to check in future.

Saturday Telegraph sections - SLO76
I was a newsagent for 15yrs. The Saturday papers arrive in sections which have to be inserted by the staff in the morning. Sadly though and all too often some are missing or staff bung two in one paper and none in the next. This is likely what happened, though I admit it's been a while since I read a physical paper too.
Saturday Telegraph sections - concrete

The 'saturday' supplement contains all that Tom is missing. However I still throw a fair bit away before getting down to read the rest. The travel and other supplements for cruises etc all go straight to recycling. The same with the magazine and other unwanted glossy inserts they put in. A bit like this forum really, the adverts annoy, but pay the bills. Hey Ho.

Cheers Concrete

Saturday Telegraph sections - daveyjp
People still buy newspapers?
Saturday Telegraph sections - concrete

Yes. Strange as it may seem, I also buy books too. Can't seem to get into this Kindle thing. Just old fashioned I guess. I am a bit of a crossword and puzzle fan, so a real newspaper and a pen give me a lot of satisfaction. Each to their own. Cheers Concrete

Saturday Telegraph sections - sandy56

Yes, I buy newspapers every day. Sometimes even buy two. It keeps me happy.

Yes I know.

Saturday Telegraph sections - SLO76

No, largely the don't. Pity the poor sod I flogged the business to, it's dying a death now. Newspaper and ciggie sales were heading south quickly and the time was right to head for the door. Though believe it or not that wee shop was the source of most of my trade cars. People knew I'd been a salesman for years before buying it so they'd often ask my advice on cars and soon I was viewing motors and negotiating deals on their behalf while buying their old trade ins the dealers were offering peanuts on. Word of mouth built it up to a profitable sideline to the business. Unlike 90% of home traders however I did things by the book. Many enjoyable days had doing both even if it left little spare time for myself.

Edited by SLO76 on 06/10/2017 at 21:47

Saturday Telegraph sections - galileo

No, largely the don't. Pity the poor sod I flogged the business to, it's dying a death now. Newspaper and ciggie sales were heading south quickly and the time was right to head for the door. Though believe it or not that wee shop was the source of most of my trade cars. People knew I'd been a salesman for years before buying it so they'd often ask my advice on cars and soon I was viewing motors and negotiating deals on their behalf while buying their old trade ins the dealers were offering peanuts on. Word of mouth built it up to a profitable sideline to the business. Unlike 90% of home traders however I did things by the book. Many enjoyable days had doing both even if it left little spare time for myself.

Reminds me of a fellow who had a barber shop down the road from our house in the 1960s: as a sideline he bought and sold things like bicycles, radios, cricket bats, airguns, you name it he'd buy and sell them. He was known to stop half way through cutting someone's hair to ride a bike round the block to assess how much to offer to buy it.