Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - Anon4736

I was stupidly trying to squeeze past a bus today and accidentally bumped it, nothing major, knocked my mirror a little but I thought that was it. Parked up, sorted it out, bus started to drive off but ambulance came up and so he had to park up again, just in front of me. I stayed put and bus began to drive off when ambulance went past so I'm not sure if he noticed I'd knocked my car on him.

Got to my destination and noticed a couple scratches on side of my car as well as a bolt from the bus.

What do I do and how will my insurance be affected? I've only been driving 5 months and I'm a little panicked.

Thanks in advance

Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - bathtub tom

Probably twice the number of people of the passenger carrying capacity of the bus will come forward with accident claims (stress, whiplash, premature birth etc.)

Tell your insurers now!

Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - Anon4736

Thanks I have done so. I will be a lot more careful from now on and not so impatient

Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - oldroverboy.

Couldn't see a bus?

Should have gone to specsavers..

:<)

Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - Brit_in_Germany

You must also report the accident to the police within 24 hours.

Ford Ka+ - Minor accident advice - hit bus but didn't realise - 520i

A "bolt" from the bus?! Could you elaborate, where did you find it? And whereabouts did you impact the bus?

Do you recall whose bus it was, which firm? Many/most newer vehicles tend to have all-round external cameras, it sounds as though the driver was unaware but it's possible the video may be reviewed if the damage was significant enough - hence my question about the slightly alarming "bolt"! Most of the larger, national bus operators are self-insured, if you've informed your insurer I imagine they'd do nothing unless they hear from the bus company - except hike next year's premium, of course.

Edited by 520i on 26/09/2017 at 23:41