Audi key - SteveX
I bought an Audi A6 1.8T about a week ago, so far I am very happy with the car, it looks nice (I know that some people dont like the back end) and drives brilliantly.
Anyway the problem is that I only got one key for it, its the remote locking flip key with three button (lock, unlock & unlock boot). I guess that it its a good idea to have a spare, so contacted Audi who want £160-£180 for a similar key. Does anyone know if I can get a similar key at a lower price outside the dealer network.

Just another thing as well, does anyone know of any dash/interior cleaning product that gives a matt finish. All the ones in Halfords give a high gloss shiny finish which I dont really want ?

Thanks
SteveX
Audi key - Aprilia
This key scam is dreadful. A colleague got scammed for £180 for a Passat key. Then the lock on the driver's door broke and the door wouldn't stay shut - £180 for a new lock and £120 to fit it! That was just before his MAF packed up (about £600 fitted).
Audi key - PB
>>does anyone know of any dash/interior cleaning product that gives a matt finish. All the ones in Halfords give a high gloss shiny finish which I dont really want ?<<

If there are grubby bits, a cloth /sponge dampened with soapy water does it, wipe with damp cloth afterwards. You can buy 'swiffer' dust grabbing cloths from the supermarket that take all the dust and other bits off. Definitely the best way...

PB.
Audi key - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone know if I can get a similar key at a lower price
outside the dealer network.

www.alarmremotes.co.uk

Just another thing as well, does anyone know of any dash /
interior cleaning product that gives a matt finish.

ArmorAll Protectant do both a matt or shiny finish silicone spray.
Audi key - jud
My A4 came with two fobs as you describe, and two others a service key only and a emergency key.Why has you only been provided with one?
Audi key - Nsar
About 3 years ago Minit key cutting places were doing transponder keys at much reduced rates, whether this still the case I don't know, but they're everywhere
Audi key - SteveX
When I went to see the car (its a used purchase, 99V model)I didnt really think to ask if it had any spare keys etc, it was only upon paying up and collecting it that I was told that it only came with the one key. btw I have since discovered a plastic 'temporary/emergency key' without the remote unit which apparently will work but is supposed to be a 'get you home' key. Does anyone know if this key will keep working indefinitely or is there a catch.

Thanks for the places mentioned I'll try them and see if they can do the business.
I will try and get the ArmorAll Protectant stuff tomorrow, I did go to Halfords but they dont seem to stock it.
Audi key - steveb
I think you'll find the plastic key is only that - It will wear or break completely if used indefinitely - unlike a metal one !

Steve