Ford focus hatchback - Reversing light not working - keith565

my friend has an 05 plate Ford Focus and she purchased a reversing sensor that fastens under the number plate, anyway we tried to get it up and running, everything was working fine (reversing light coming on) until we connected it all together, now she has no reverse light at all, we thought it may be the reversing switch which we changed and that was not the issue, anyway her MOT is due in September and we are needing to get this sorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ford focus hatchback - Reversing light not working - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like you may have blown a fuse.Check fuses in both engine bay and below glovebox fuse boxes.Reverse light is not an Mot requirement.

Thanks for the info.

We've checked fuses under the glove box and all seems fine. the same fuses are used for the electric mirrors which still work .

Which ones under the bonnet would be suspect.

TIA

Ford focus hatchback - Reversing light not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Looks like the fuse for the rev light is in the cabin fusebox.Difficult to identify the exact one as there are a few variations.Next step would be to see if there is any power at the reverse switch on the gearbox,ignition on.

We've already checked the fuses in the glove box as they also control the electric mirrors.

They seem fine.

I'll keep trying to eliminate what I can and see if I find anything.

Thanks for your help

Ford focus hatchback - Reversing light not working - 3uga

check wireing. The cable thet goes to the gearbox might be at fault. If reverse light is on trunk door, check the wires that go from body to door.
Try to put a strap between the pins of the sensor cables pins to see if the senso is at fault of the wireing