Corsa D 1.3 CDTI - Noisy On Cold Start - AaronK
Hi all, help on this would be much appreciated. My Corsa makes this noise on cold starts and it goes away once the engine is warmed up. It's a 1.3 cdti. Hopefully these videos will help as i would like to get it sorted. I've searched about on the internet and cant seem to find anything.

Sorry I don't know how to embed videos

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FPvoiJ3zE7A&ebc=ANyPxKry2YNt...Q

m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKry2YNtKoUXFz4K7ZXP6G...s
Corsa D 1.3 CDTI - Noisy On Cold Start - RT

Check that it has the right grade of oil in as a start - if cheap or wrong spec oil has been used in the past the hydraulic "tappets" may be slow to adjust.

Flushing oil may help but if the engine isn't otherwise in good condition that can make things worse by simply moving crud around.

It's only just had a service and the right oil was used. It don't seem to be coming from the engine anyway I thunk
Corsa D 1.3 CDTI - Noisy On Cold Start - Peter.N.

Sounds like a cold diesel engine to me.

Never used to be there mate
Corsa D 1.3 CDTI - Noisy On Cold Start - focussed

This has been done before -

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=97699

Not the same issue, the noise is there if I'm idling or revving the engine. Mine also dissapears once warm
Corsa D 1.3 CDTI - Noisy On Cold Start - Wackyracer

You could slip the serpentine belt off and see if the noise is still there or not. Obviously don't drive it without the belt as it turns the waterpump. Failing that buy yourself a car stethoscope and have a listen with that.