Vauxhall Corsa C - Tappet noise when idling. Dissapears when revving - squibsquib

When my 1.3 CDTi 2005 Corsa is idyling there is a tappet noise but when I rev the car up it dissapears and sounds smooth. Anybody any idea what could be causing this?

Vauxhall Corsa C - Tappet noise when idling. Dissapears when revving - Cris_on_the_gas

low oil pressure.

Trust you checked the oil level and it has been changed recently. Also correct grade of oil used?

Next check valve clearances.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Tappet noise when idling. Dissapears when revving - squibsquib

Yes, Just bought car and changed the oil to Castrol Magnatec with the correct grade. think it was 5w 40. Oil levels are ok. There was an oil leak on the car coming from the sump plug but I replaced this while doing the change. There is a posibility the wrong grade of oil was used in it before I bought it.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Tappet noise when idling. Dissapears when revving - focussed

Errrrr- they always sound like that Sir. Yes they do, it's usually the timing chain and tensioners. If it doesn't sound too bad off idle I would run it and keep an ear on it, if it gets worse part-ex it for something else.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Tappet noise when idling. Dissapears when revving - Collos25

Worn oil pump,worn engine,blocked oil ways in camshaft (common problem caused by lack of oil changes).It will only get worse it certainly will not get better but surely it made this noise when you bought it .