BMW 330i Traveller - Have I been charged twice on some things? - DerryUK

Last year as a private buyer I bought a new 330i and took delivery at the beginning of January this year. Now I happened to be looking at BMWs web site recently and noticed a comment that said, "On the road price includes delivery, number plates, first reg fee and VED."

Which triggered me to have alook at my paperwork, first thing I noticed was that I was charged £33,345 for the car but the price list then was on the road at £33,005. But prices move about, that I have to accept. But ...

At the very end of the costings was an additional £1000 which included VED, first reg fee and delivery.

Now have I missed something here? (I am old) but BMW says the on the road price includes these things but the dealer has charged me for them.

An explanation would be gratefully received if I have missed the obvious.

Thanks.

BMW 330i Traveller - Have I been charged twice on some things? - jc2

Why not ask the dealer to explain?

BMW 330i Traveller - Have I been charged twice on some things? - Falkirk Bairn

Higher Price maybe explained by straying into the BMW options list - thousands can disappear ticking only the odd box, intentionally or otherwise!

330i Touring? rather than Traveller - I think that belongs to the Morris 1000 model range.

BMW 330i Traveller - Have I been charged twice on some things? - DerryUK

Thanks for the replies but after flogging through all the calculations on BMWs website this afternoon I realised that:

They deduct the on the road costs and VAT from the cost of the car, then add in any extras and recalculate the final cost which includes VAT, THEN they add-in the on the road costs again.

Except they don't show the on the road part at any time, it is implied that you know what they are doing.

This is why on my garage's cost sheet £1000 suddenly appeared at the end.

Hey ho, but thanks for the thoughts.

BMW 330i Traveller - Have I been charged twice on some things? - NARU

It's normal to separate them on the invoice, because some attract VAT, others do not.

As long as the total is the price you agreed to pay, there's no problem.