Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Petrol - Nissan Qashqai battery problem. - para

I returned from a two week holiday and my 2014 Qashqai would not start due to a flat battery and I had to charge it with a Smart charger. It is booked in with a main dealer for checking. I do mainly short journeys but with one fifty mile motorway round trip per week. I naver use the Stop Start function.

This failure has happened three times since I bought the car. Is there a known battery/charging fault with this car ? How should I proceed ?

Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Petrol - Nissan Qashqai battery problem. - elekie&a/c doctor

Presume it is still under warranty.So back to dealer for a thorough test.If it has stop/start I would hope it has the correct battery fitted.

Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Petrol - Nissan Qashqai battery problem. - Cyd

I returned from a two week holiday and my 2014 Qashqai would not start due to a flat battery and I had to charge it with a Smart charger. It is booked in with a main dealer for checking. I do mainly short journeys but with one fifty mile motorway round trip per week. I naver use the Stop Start function.

This failure has happened three times since I bought the car. Is there a known battery/charging fault with this car ? How should I proceed ?

Short journeys are a battery killer. Put the battery on charge at least once a quarter using a qulaity charger to keep it topped up. You might have already knackered it though, so may need a new one.

no doubt the dealer is going to charge you for testing it (pun intended). there are plenty of places will check it for free.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/news/car-battery-life-and-breakdowns.html

Edited by Cyd on 13/06/2016 at 09:47