Ford Fiesta - Fiesta lacking power and shuddering - Evobear
My fiesta 1.4lx 54 plate has recently been under powered and juddering under acceleration. I took it to be serviced (plugs/air, oil filters/oil), when the mechanic noticed my core plug had worn and was filling spark plug area with water. I had core plug replaced and car serviced (car drove home fine), the next day however, same problem. I went back to garage (core plug was leaking) and they fixed it a 2nd time. now I have a misfire on cylinder 3, I've changed the plug leads but car still feels underpowered and I can feel (myself & car) juddering when stationary with engine idling, should I replace coil? Or is there any other suggestions you may have, any ideas greatly apreciated.
Ford Fiesta - Fiesta lacking power and shuddering - elekie&a/c doctor

Plugs,leads and coil are a common failure on these.So ,yes,I would replace the coil,but make sure there is no water in the spark plug recess.

Ok I'll replace that next, when I did the leads, there was no water inside, but I will check again before I fit the coil (would you say an amateur could do it? Or should I take it to a garage?), as I've lost faith in the garage that's worked on my car already.

It is not a difficult job ,but you will need the correct Torx drive tools to release the bolts. Also be warned,the new coil may need to have the leads fitted in a different order.Check the instructions that should be supplied with the new unit.

Ok I'll purchase the correct size tool when I get the coil. Thanx for the advice, I'll let you know how I get on
I've fitted the new coil pack and my car is now running (at least it sounds right, no misfire), but the check engine light is still on. I have run the car round the block and it seems as it was before the core plug issue. How do I get the light off, so I can run the car to see if light comes back on. Thanx for your help it has been much apreciated

You will need an obd scanner to get the light out.Probably £30 or less off the 'Bay.

Thanx again for your assistance, I'll have a look for one.